Bank of VallettaPersonal Account
Bank account opening in Malta with Bank of Valletta.
Personal bank account including e-banking facilities and credit or debit card with Bank of Valletta in Malta. Bank of Valletta (BOV) is the leading financial services provider in Malta and offer full range of banking and trustee services.
Applicant must have a connection to Malta with respect to residency, establishing a business or employment, etc.
Facts & Info for Bank of Valletta
Bank of Valletta p.l.c. is the leading financial services provider in Malta (formed in 1974)and is licensed by the Malta Financial Services Authority to provide a full range of financial services, including investment banking, private banking, fund management, bancassurance, stockbroking and trustee services.
The Bank serves its clients via a national network of 44 branches, an International Corporate Centre, Business Centres, Investment Centres and a Wealth Management arm. The Bank has representative Offices in Brussels, Milan, Australia and Libya.
Bank of Valletta p.l.c. is licensed to carry out the business of banking and investment services in terms of the Banking Act (Cap. 371) and the Investment Services Act (Cap. 370). The Bank is a tied insurance intermediary of MSV Life Assurance Company Limited under the Insurance Intermediaries Act (Cap. 487). It offers the entire range of retail banking services as well as the sale of financial products such as collective investment schemes. The Bank also offers investment banking services, including underwriting, management of IPOs, custodianship and trustee services.
WHAT BANK OF VALLETTA OFFERS:
- Personal and Corporate accounts
- Full Internet banking
- Mobile banking
- Telephone banking
- Exclusive banking
- Accounts in all major currencies
- Credit/Debit/Prepaid Visa and American Express cards
- Merchant services
- The approximate timeframe for account allocation is 10 to 14 days after the original documents have been received by the bank.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
The Bank of Valletta can be considered as a medium-cost bank with respect to incoming/outgoing payments and account maintenance. Incoming payment charges vary from EUR 0- EUR 10, depending on the currency and amount of transfer. Outgoing payment charges vary from EUR 1 -EUR 40 depending on the currency, date and amount of transfer. The annual maintenance fee for a personal account is EUR 250.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONAL ACCOUNT SET UP WITH BANK OF VALLETTA:
- Applicant must have a connection to Malta with respect to residency, establishing a business or employment, etc.
- Personal presence is required.
- The minimum balance is EUR 200.
- The initial deposit is EUR 200.
- Account opening timeframe. The account will be activated within 10 - 14 business days, upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms and relevant information.
Please Note: The reference will be requested by the Bank of Valletta directly from your current bank and the account will not be finalized until a response has been received.
- Notarized copy of valid passport.
The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form.The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Banker's reference letter dated within 3 months.
- Personal CV
Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a certified translation.
Once all documentation is available please email electronic copies to our representative for review; incomplete or unexecuted forms can create delays in the account opening process.
Shipping of banking kits to your destination requires an extra charge and will be automatically added to the invoice during checkout. Shipping costs for international courier services are set automatically and can vary from USD 75 to USD 95. The fees depend on the jurisdiction where the bank is based as well as your destination country.