Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore)Personal Account
Assistance with personal bank account opening including bank card with Standard Chartered Bank in Singapore for your daily banking needs, asset management or investments. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of international personal and private banking solutions.
Facts & Info for Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore)
Standard Chartered Bank in Singapore is part of an international banking group that employs more than 90,000 people in 71 countries in the Asia Pacific Region, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe and the Americas. The bank is one of the world's most international banks and listed on the London, Hong Kong and Mumbai stock exchange.
The industry experts Moody’s, Fitch and Standard and Poor’s consider Standard Chartered as a stable and A-rated bank. The Core Tier 1 capital ratio of the bank is 11,7%.
Every year Standard Chartered Bank is recognised for its achievements in banking and finance. In 2015 the bank received an Excellent Service Award (EXSA). In 2014 the bank secured the award for "Best Consumer Internet Bank" at the Global Finance World’s Best Internet Banks Awards for the fifth consecutive year. The bank also won the award for "Best Internet Banking Initiative" at the Asian Banker Excellence in Retail Financial Services Awards in the year 2013.
Standard Charted Bank offers to its corporate and institutional clients services in trade finance, cash management, lending, securities services, foreign exchange, debt capital markets and corporate finance. The Bank also provides private banking services through its private banking division.
The Bank's global business is managed out of Singapore, as is its global Technology & Operations function.
WHAT STANDARD CHARTERED BANK (SINGAPORE) OFFERS:
- Current accounts for individuals and legal entities
- Numbered accounts
- Master or Visa Credit/Debit Cards
- Online and Mobile Banking
- Multilingual customer support
- Personal, Private and Business Banking
- Islamic Business Banking
- Renminbi services
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets
- Savings Accounts
- Loans and Mortgages
- Investment & strategy advice
- Deposit Insurance Scheme.
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to $50,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
The approximate time-frame for account allocation may range from 1 to 10 working days upon receipt of the required documentation by the bank and a face-to-face meeting.
BANK TARIFFS AND CHARGES
Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) can be considered as a low-cost bank with respect to bank transfers and account maintenance. Inward transfers to foreign account is SGD10. The outward payments from SGD and foreign currency accounts is 1/16%, min. SGD15, max. SGD50.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONAL ACCOUNT SET UP WITH STANDARD CHARTERED BANK (SINGAPORE)
- Client's personal presence in the bank is necessary. There is only one day required to be in Singapore in order to have an interview with bankers and sign the necessary forms.
- The minimum required balance is SGD 200,000 or equivalent in another currency. The minimum balance must be transferred to the account with 6 months.
- Account opening time-frame. The account will be activated within 1 - 10 business days, upon receipt by the bank of all duly completed forms, relevant information and face-to-face meeting.
- Notarized copy of valid passport.
The passport must be signed and signature must match the signature in the application form. The photograph must be clear and of good quality.
- Original or notarized copy of utility bill / bank statement dated within 3 months as verification of residential address.
- Original or notarized copy of Banker's reference letter, dated within 3 months
- Personal CV
Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by an official and certified translation.